[Nagiosplug-devel] check_icmp min and max

Richard Edward Horner rich at richhorner.com
Tue Nov 4 17:04:00 CET 2008

> Solution 2:
>
>> CRITICAL - 192.168.1.111: Host unreachable @ 192.168.1.116. rta nan, lost 100%|rta=0.000ms;200.000;500.000;0; pl=100%;40;80;;
>
> - From a RRD graphing standpoint, it's better to have no value when data
> is unknown, however considering that we already print "rta=0.000" it
> would probably look better to do the same with rtamax and rtamin. What
> do you think?

Sorry if this is a dumb question as I'm not using this plugin in any
deployments but why is rta=0.000 getting printed at all in this case?
I like Solution 2 here where you omit the min and max values but it
seems as though it would make more sense to omit the rta value in this
case as well. Am I missing something?

Thanks, Rich(ard)
--
Richard Edward Horner
Engineer / Composer / Electric Guitar Virtuoso