[Nagiosplug-devel] [ nagiosplug-Bugs-1998257 ] only "Invalid HTTP response received from host"

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Sat Nov 8 04:04:11 CET 2008

Bugs item #1998257, was opened at 2008-06-19 22:31
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by tonvoon
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=397597&aid=1998257&group_id=29880

not just the latest update.
Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
The following Bugreport we got against our debian package:

Rather than stating what it
got, the script just barfs generically. The code says:

  if (!strstr (status_line, server_expect)) {
    if (server_port == HTTP_PORT)
      asprintf (&msg,
                _("Invalid HTTP response received from host\n"));
    else
      asprintf (&msg,
                _("Invalid HTTP response received from host on port %d\n"),
                server_port);
    die (STATE_CRITICAL, "HTTP CRITICAL - %s", msg);
  }

It should add the contents of the status_line (as %s) into the output (msg).

Oddly enough, the script actually does this pretty consistently in the lines
below, only in these two cases does it fail to mention the actual status
line.

You can track the bugreport via

Thanks and kind regards, Jan.

Date: 2008-11-08 03:04

Message:
Hi Jan,

This looks like it is already in the latest code with testcases to cover
it. Thanks for raising.