[Nagiosplug-devel] [ nagiosplug-Bugs-2136116 ] make failure on solaris 9

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Wed Oct 1 00:35:07 CEST 2008

Bugs item #2136116, was opened at 2008-09-29 16:20
Message generated for change (Settings changed) made by tao71
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=397597&aid=2136116&group_id=29880

not just the latest update.
Category: Compilation
Group: None

Initial Comment:
I'm trying to compile nagios-plugins-1.4.13.
configure is fine, but make fails:

check_http.c:64: error: syntax error before '*' token
check_http.c:64: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
make[2]: *** [check_http.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/export/home/nagios/nagios-plugins-1.4.13/plugins'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/export/home/nagios/nagios-plugins-1.4.13'
make: *** [all] Error 2

I read through all bug reports and found a lot of hints, but none of them worked for me.
Even with the latest make (3.81), gcc (3.4.6) and libiconv (1.11) downloaded from sunfreeware didn't help.
I also tried with different versions of plugins (1.4.12 and 1.4.13), but I get the same errors.
And because I read in one of the closed bugs, to use solaris make, I tried it with /usr/local/bin at the beginning of PATH and in the end. But even this didn't make any change.

As I don't have a lot of experience with compiling, I'm stuck and need help. (On Linux it all worked fine, but not on Solaris...)

Please tell me if you need any additional information.

Thanks in advance.
Marc

Comment By: tao71 (tao71)
Date: 2008-10-01 00:33

Message:
Hi Thomas,
Thank you very much for your fast reply.
You were right, it was the OpenSSL installation which caused the problems.
The version we had on our machine must have been very weak, because there
were also links to some libraries missing.
In the end I fixed it by getting the latest package from
www.sunfreeware.com.
Configure and make were fine afterwards.
Thanks for your support.
Marc

Comment By: Thomas Guyot (dermoth)