[Nagiosplug-devel] [ nagiosplug-Bugs-2081810 ] check_rpc return code on false libpath

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Fri Oct 3 07:16:38 CEST 2008

Bugs item #2081810, was opened at 2008-08-29 01:45
Message generated for change (Settings changed) made by dermoth
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=397597&aid=2081810&group_id=29880

not just the latest update.
Category: General plugin execution
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Hi,

I noticed a problem with check_rpc.

If check_rpc can't find the utils.pm package in the given libpath (e.g. the utils.pm is not in lib "/usr/local/nagios/libexec";) and check_rpc is executed in nagios, the return code in Nagios is 2 -> Critical and the Plugin Output shown in Nagios only shows (null).

The correct behaviour should be:
Output: Can't find utils.pm in lib path.

I spent nearly a whole day finding the reason why check_rpc did not work.
It took so long to find out, because I didn't get any error when executing it manually in the shell (the utils.pm was in the working directory).

A perl error message an a status Unknown could have saved me a lot of time.

PS: I used version from 1.4.9

regards,

Volker

Comment By: Volker (neuntoeter)