[Nagiosplug-devel] Python plugin without output

matthias eble matthias.eble at mailing.kaufland-informationssysteme.com
Tue Oct 21 15:10:22 CEST 2008

On Tue, 2008-10-21 at 09:22 +0200, Tarjei Huse wrote:
> Ingo Lantschner wrote:
> > Am 20.10.2008 um 16:32 schrieb Tarjei Huse:
> >

> > > My problem is that when I use this plugin from nagios it ends up
> > > saying
> > > that the reported output was "(null)". Now, I've tested the plugin on
> > > the commandline, as a nagios user without problems.
> > >
> > Are you using NRPE or Nagios directly?
> >
> It uses Nagios directly.
> > Does your plugin write to stdout?
> >
> Yes

Stack traces are written to stderdd so I'd suppose
you run in an uncaught exception.

you can add
2>&1 | cat
to your check command. Tracebacks are printed in the UI then.
However your exit code won't be appropriate. Maybe someone has a smarter
solution to get stderr also printed in nagios.

HTH
Matthias