[Nagiosplug-devel] NRPE security

Helder Oliveira hrpoliveira at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 17:18:33 CEST 2008

Hey all,

i have read lots of stuff about nrpe, and i have one question.

We configure the remote host iptables to accept our tcp request to the 5556
port, but shoudn't we configure from wich IP the request should be ?
Aren't we at risk that someone point a nagios to our machine and get our
data ?

I got this question reading the NRPE tutorial, at this moment im reading a
iptables tutorial to see if has any sense what im thinking, but you guys
have more experience and may have a few words for me.

Thanks for your time.