[Nagiosplug-devel] [Nagios-users] check_procs from Nagios plugins 1.4.12 is veeery slow on Solaris 10 5/08

Duncan Ferguson duncan.ferguson at altinity.com
Thu Sep 4 15:55:48 CEST 2008

Can you please try a recent snapshot?  The I rewrote the pst3 binary
to enable to work faster and be zone aware (to allow use in in the
global and sub zones).  Its been fine for me, but I don't think there
has been a release since the code was committed.

CC'ing in the nagiosplug-devel list (probably best place for this
thread).

   Duncs

On 4 Sep 2008, at 14:02, Bernd Nies wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Something bad happened to the check_proc plugin between version 1.45
> and
> v1991. For counting ca 1700 processes on a Sun Enterprise M4000 it
> takes
> 45 seconds and sometimes longer. An older version was much faster qirh
> 0.3 seconds.
>
> I compiled Nagios plugins 1.4.12 on a Solaris 9 with GCC 3.4.6 to get
> binaries that can run on Solaris 8, 9 and 10.
>

> [root at adnsoz05 ~]$ /opt/adnnagios/libexec/check_procs-1.45 -V
> check_procs (nagios-plugins 1.4.1) 1.45
>
> [root at adnsoz05 ~]$ /opt/adnnagios/libexec/check_procs -V
> check_procs v1991 (nagios-plugins 1.4.12)
>

> [root at adnsoz05 ~]$ time /opt/adnnagios/libexec/check_procs-1.45
> PROCS OK: 1695 processes
>
> real    0m0.320s
> user    0m0.051s
> sys     0m0.296s
>
> [root at adnsoz05 ~]$ time /opt/adnnagios/libexec/check_procs -t 60
> PROCS OK: 1664 processes
>
> real    0m45.543s
> user    0m2.851s
> sys     0m41.231s
>

> Any ideas what's going wrong?
>
> Bye
> Bernd

> challenge
> great prizes
> the world
> reporting any issue.

Duncan Ferguson
Senior Developer, Altinity Limited

http://www.altinity.com
Tel: +44 (0)870 787 9243
US:  +1 866 879 9184
Fax: +44 (0)845 280 1725
Skype: duncan_j_ferguson
MSN: duncan.ferguson at altinity.com

The contents of this email and any files transmitted with it are
confidential and intended solely for the use of the individuals to
whom it is addressed.
If you are not the intended recipient or have received this e-mail in
error please notify the sender and delete this e-mail immediately.
Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution of the material
in this e-mail is strictly prohibited.

Altinity Limited | 404 Seven Sisters Road | London | N4 2LX | United
Kingdom
Registered in England and Wales under company number 4743767