[Nagiosplug-devel] [ nagiosplug-Bugs-2782785 ] check_smtp: --expect= result in "recv() failed"

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Tue Apr 28 13:41:01 CEST 2009

Bugs item #2782785, was opened at 2009-04-28 13:41
Message generated for change (Tracker Item Submitted) made by cyco_dd
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=397597&aid=2782785&group_id=29880

not just the latest update.
Category: General plugin execution
Group: Release (specify)

Initial Comment:
The following Bugreport we got against our debian package (1.4.12):

I monitor a SMTP server that refuses the connection immediately,
without waiting for HELO. Before upgrade to lenny I used this command:

/usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_smtp -H novell.vkol.cz -e 520

and it was OK.
Now I get error: recv() failed
and status is WARNING.

You can track the bugreport via