[Nagiosplug-devel] max clients on nagios host

Erik Welch ewelch at nvidia.com
Sun Aug 2 16:43:00 CEST 2009

On one of our nagios servers that deals with a compute farm, it checks almost 40K services across over 5000 hosts.

The issue you are describing sounds a lot like you have multiple instances of nagios running.  I've seen this with using the 'restart' option to the init script.  I would recommend either a reload, or a full 'stop' and then manual kill of any running daemons before the start.

erik