[Nagiosplug-devel] [ nagiosplug-Bugs-2832884 ] translation of --help broken

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Thu Aug 6 00:48:41 CEST 2009

Bugs item #2832884, was opened at 2009-08-06 00:48
Message generated for change (Tracker Item Submitted) made by cyco_dd
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=397597&aid=2832884&group_id=29880

not just the latest update.
Category: Interface (example)
Group: v1.4.14

Initial Comment:
Hi there,

looks like the translation of the help is somewhat broken in general. At least for LANG=de_DE.UTF-8, LANG=fr_FR.UTF-8 and check_dhcp, check_disk, where I can confirm the problem.

The following Bugreport we got against our debian package:

On my french system :

======================================

[root at kayak]:~ # /usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_dhcp --help
check_dhcp v1991 (nagios-plugins 1.4.12)
Copyright (c) 2001-2004 Ethan Galstad (nagios at nagios.org)
Copyright (c) 2001-2007 Nagios Plugin Development Team
        <nagiosplug-devel at lists.sourceforge.net>

Ce plugin teste la disponibilit� de serveurs DHCP dans un r�seau.

Utilisation: check_dhcp [-v] [-u] [-s serverip] [-r requestedip] [-t timeout]
                  [-i interface] [-m mac]

 -h, --help
    Print detailed help screen
 -V, --version
    Print version information
Project-Id-Version: fr
Report-Msgid-Bugs-To: nagiosplug-devel at lists.sourceforge.net
POT-Creation-Date: 2008-05-27 23:06+0100
PO-Revision-Date: 2007-12-10 02:10-0500
Last-Translator: Thomas Guyot-Sionnest <dermoth at aei.ca>
Language-Team:  <en at li.org>
 -v, --verbose
    Show details for command-line debugging (Nagios may truncate output)
 -s, --serverip=IPADDRESS
    IP address of DHCP server that we must hear from
 -r, --requestedip=IPADDRESS
    IP address that should be offered by at least one DHCP server
 -t, --timeout=INTEGER
    Seconds to wait for DHCPOFFER before timeout occurs
 -i, --interface=STRING
    Interface to to use for listening (i.e. eth0)
 -m, --mac=STRING
    MAC address to use in the DHCP request
 -u, --unicast
    Unicast testing: mimic a DHCP relay, requires -s

Send email to nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net if you have questions
regarding use of this software. To submit patches or suggest improvements,
send email to nagiosplug-devel at lists.sourceforge.net

There is the translator info into the translation...

You can track the bugreport via

Thanks and kind regards, Jan.