[Nagiosplug-devel] Please can I have GIT access

Hiren Patel hir3npatel at gmail.com
Sat Aug 29 20:26:43 CEST 2009

Alain Williams wrote:
> OK: now 2 ways of storing the state info.
>
> Could you please point me at examples of the 2 techniques below.
>
> Can I assume that either would be perfectly acceptable ?

do not assume that any of these are acceptable until the core members
give you word that a certain methods would be considered for inclusion.
the comments otherwise made here could be from contributors and may not
be accepted for inclusion in the official plugin.
as far as I'm aware, non of the supported official plugins keep state in
any way, I'm guessing this might be the intention.
some of the plugins in contrib like log file monitoring etc, do keep
state as they need to, and from what I've seen, do so in files.
I've seen that the plugins tarball has a contribs directory with contrib
modules, which perhaps aren't official, but are distributed, maybe your
chances of getting this plugin into contrib would be better, I'm not sure.