[Nagiosplug-devel] [ nagiosplug-Patches-2908236 ] Support for larger numbers in the perfdata utility function

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Sat Dec 5 06:44:41 CET 2009

Message generated for change (Comment added) made by dermoth
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=397599&aid=2908236&group_id=29880

not just the latest update.
Category: Perf data
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Hi, this patch enables the perfdata utility function to work with larger numbers,
such as check_disk with bytes as output unit, which would otherwise return large, negative numbers

Date: 2009-12-05 00:44

Message:
Thanks for the patch, although I'm wondering how useful it would be.
There's no question about the need to graph large values, but this code
will likely change a lot before we may think of changing check_disk's
output format.

Also I'm wondering it it wouldn't be wiser to use double for big values.
AFAIK long long is not even supported natively by Perl, and RRD files use
doubles.