[Nagiosplug-devel] First TAP tests on our HP-UX tinderbox ever!

Ton Voon ton.voon at opsera.com
Thu Jan 15 10:08:30 CET 2009

On 15 Jan 2009, at 05:54, Thomas Guyot-Sionnest wrote:

> I finally got it! All our tinderbox servers are now running the C
> tests
> with libtap!
>
> Log excerpt from ratatosk HP-UX B.11.23:
>
>> 1496

>> 1497
>>          test_disk.t    3   768    33    3   9.09%  15 17 19
>> 1498
>>          2 tests skipped.
>
> ... and test_disk fails. Back to hacking now :)

Brilliant! Thanks for all your work on this Thomas.

And another request for more Tinderbox build servers. Anyone?

> BTW we should likely look into putting all tests in a single
> directory/Makefile as right now if the C tests fails we're not running
> the plugins tests at all. AFAIK using "make -i" wouldn't help
> neither as
> it looks like tinderbox is using make's return code to determine if
> tests passed.

I think there is a bit of a reorg around the testing because there are
4 types of testing at the moment:
   - plugin perl tests with internal services with input variables
(check_disk)
   - plugin perl tests with external internet services (check_ntp,
some check_http)
   - libtap tests (utils_*.c)
   - controlled perl tests (check_http)

There needs to be a bit of consolidation around this., though I'm not
entirely clear on what that is yet.