[Nagiosplug-devel] XML in plugins

John Vincent nagiosplug-devel at lusis.org
Fri Jul 17 14:25:12 CEST 2009

All,

I just finished watching the interview with Ton and he mentioned
wanting XML to be involved with the plugin output in some capacity. I
don't recall seeing any emails about this coming across or any formal
discussion. I just searched back through my archives and indeed
couldn't find anything. I also search over at ideas.nagios.org and
didn't see any comments there regarding it.

Ton, what exactly is the desire here? I'd love to help if I could. Are
you possibly wanting perfdata to move to an XML format or something
else? I got the impression that it seemed like a fairly vague idea at
this point. To what end would some sort of XML in plugins be useful?

Great interview by the way.

John E. Vincent