[Nagiosplug-devel] plans to use curl for http

Holger Weiß holger at CIS.FU-Berlin.DE
Sun Jun 21 17:46:06 CEST 2009

* Hiren Patel <hir3npatel at gmail.com> [2009-06-21 15:18]:
> I had a brief look at the curl library, they offer two modes of using
> the library, easy and multi. multi supporting threads [...]

You can use either interface in a multi-threaded program, the difference
is that the "multi" interface allows for multiplexing the socket I/O (by
using select(3) or friends) in single-threaded programs.

> which we wouldn't use for a plugin right?

The "multi" interface would be useful if a plugin using the new code
should ever support checking multiple documents "simultaneously".
Otherwise, the "easy" interface should be just fine.

Holger