[Nagiosplug-devel] AIX 5.3 np 1.4.13 check_procs

Kyle O'Donnell kyleodonnell at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 00:57:03 CET 2009

I'll send the output when I get back to the office tomorrow.  I have also
asked our AIX guru about the general availability of /usr/sysv/bin/ps
binary.  When you read the man page both versions of ps are covered so I
imagine it is part of the base OS, but I will confirm.

I have still yet to find the proper syntax of /usr/bin/ps.  It seems
printing all the required fields in one command is not possible (stat, uid,
pid, ppid, vsz, rss, pcpu, etime, comm, args).

I'd love to donate to tinderbox, but I don't think my employer would allow
it, that and our network is fairly restricted.

Our shop has pretty much everything (aix 5.2 5.3 6.1 sol 8,9,10, hpux
10.20,11.00, 11.11, 11.23, linux*), so if there is anything I can do to
assist, let me know.

FYI

I just tested the exact same ps options on solaris 8 (using /usr/bin/ps
instead) and it fixed my etime issue.  I believe my currently compiled
check_procs on solaris10 is working, but I think i modified the ps command
during compile time as well (this was a build against 1.4.11)

I started trying to figure out pst3 but it appears that /usr/ucb/ps does not
behave the same as /usr/bin/ps and some of the fields are named
differently.  I need to get a better understand of the /proc structure in
solaris.

--kyleo