[Nagiosplug-devel] [ nagiosplug-Bugs-1864404 ] check_smtp/check_http miscalculate timezones in cert expiry

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Tue Mar 17 09:03:09 CET 2009

Bugs item #1864404, was opened at 2008-01-05 04:46
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by dermoth
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=397597&aid=1864404&group_id=29880

not just the latest update.
Category: General plugin execution
Group: Release (specify)

Initial Comment:
check_smtp (nagios-plugins 1.4.9) 1.59

When running check_smtp with --starttls or -S, the certificate expiration time retrieved from the certificate is always expressed in GMT, but check_smtp compares it to the local timezone instead of GMT.  For example, I'm in -0800 and my certificate expired a couple hours ago, but check_smtp claims "WARNING - Certificate expires today (01/05/2008 05:40)." instead of a CRITICAL that it's already expired.  Time on the server is Sat Jan  5 01:44:42 PST 2008 (which is 09:44 GMT, past the expiration time)

openssl s_client tells me:
    Verify return code: 10 (certificate has expired)

Date: 2009-03-17 04:03

Message:
The following tracker has a patch for this:
https://sourceforge.net/support/tracker.php?aid=1939022

Comment By: David Miller (justdave72)