[Nagiosplug-devel] Incorrect MIB type?

Max perldork at webwizarddesign.com
Tue Mar 24 22:55:17 CET 2009

On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 5:18 PM, Ton Voon <tonvoon at mac.com> wrote:
> Hi!
> I received this email offlist about the nagiosmib. However, I'm not fluent
> with SNMP MIBs, so does anyone else have an opinion if this is a safe change
> to make?

Sweet, looks reasonable to me :).  we use this MIB as our standard
internally for forwarding traps from nagios to MOMs and for receiving
traps from hosts (hope to be releasing a perl wrapper script my
colleague wrote that will use Net::SNMP, the Net-SNMP binaries, or
SysEdge to send the trap so that users can just call the script with
host/service statuses and have it pick the correct transport).

Gauge32 is fine, although this isn't a pollable OID so i do not think
it matters too much; if it isn't pollable, counter wrap behavior
doesn't matter in my opinion.

- Max