[Nagiosplug-devel] Contributing patches and retaining copyright

Holger Weiss holger at CIS.FU-Berlin.DE
Wed May 6 15:34:33 CEST 2009

* Sascha.Runschke at gfkl.com [2009-05-06 14:35]:
> > We're following advice given by FSF:
> > http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#AssignCopyright
> >
> > If you have contributed some code to the project, we thank you and
> > we make sure you (and/or your company) get credit. But in reality,
> > the team take on the responsibility to make sure that the code
> > continues to work correctly. Not just at commit time, but forever.
>
> Well, the above FAQ entry does not mention a single word about
> "ease of maintainance of code", but instead it's all about those
> GPL fanatics and their lawyers. While I like the GPL, I do not
> like the fanatism some of the "open source evangalists" come
> around like.

Our policy has nothing to do with "GPL fanatism" or the like.  Having a
single copyright holder can simplify things, that's all.

Holger