[Nagiosplug-devel] check_apt switch for warn on non-security updates

Hari Sekhon hpsekhon at googlemail.com
Fri May 8 12:34:21 CEST 2009

Hi,

   I'm not sure if this has been brought up before, but would it be
possible to add a switch to control the behaviour of check_apt with
regards to warning on non-security updates.

I recently deployed an ubuntu server (puke, at the insistence of a
developer where I work) that although is the server version, it pops up
with non-security updates (which I don't agree with) and is quite
annoying to end up having a warning state on this check.

I'd like to be able to tell the plugin, look, don't bother me unless
it's a security update.

This dumbuntu system has check_apt v1590 (nagios-plugins 1.4.11).

Is this switch available in a newer version, or a planned feature. If
not, could we please make it so?

Thanks

-h

--
Hari Sekhon
Always open to interesting opportunities