[Nagiosplug-devel] Solaris 10: mysql plugin breaks 'make'

Chris Pepper pepper at reppep.com
Mon May 18 16:16:52 CEST 2009

 > If you are using GCC and your MySQL version was compiled using Sun's
C compiler (or the other way round), then it is likely that the
configure options will fail as configure will run mysql_config to get
the appropriate CFLAGS.

	This assumes MySQL is installed. Our S10 boxen don't have MySQL, so I'd
amend as follows:

If you are using GCC to build the plugins, but your MySQL version was
compiled using Sun's C compiler (or the other way round) -- or if you
don't have MySQL installed on Solaris at all -- then it is likely that
the default build procedure will fail, as configure assumes it get
appropriate CFLAGS by executing mysql_config.

	But really, configure shouldn't assume MySQL is present at all.

Chris
--
Chris Pepper:                <http://cbio.mskcc.org/>
                              <http://www.extrapepperoni.com/>