[Nagiosplug-devel] Notification of plugins 1.4.14 release

Ton Voon ton.voon at opsera.com
Wed May 20 09:54:02 CEST 2009

Updated, thanks.

http://nagiosplugins.org/faq/compile/pst3

On 29 Apr 2009, at 14:13, Kyle O'Donnell wrote:

> I've used this for SunOS 5.8 5.9 and 5.10
>
> --with-ps-command="/usr/bin/ps -eo 's uid pid ppid vsz rss pcpu etime
> comm args'" \
> --with-ps-format="%s %d %d %d %d %d %f %s %s %n" \
> --with-ps-cols=10 \
> --with-ps-
> varlist
> =
> "procstat
> ,&procuid
> ,&procpid
> ,&procppid,&procvsz,&procrss,&procpcpu,procetime,procprog,&pos"
>

> On 4/28/09, Ton Voon <ton.voon at opsera.com> wrote:
>>
>> On 28 Apr 2009, at 16:23, Kyle O'Donnell wrote:
>>
>>> What is broken with check_procs on solaris?  I have found
>>> formulating
>>> the ps command works better than using the native nagios-plugins
>>> methods.  I can provide you with working compile options.
>>
>> This question comes up a lot so I've put a FAQ entry up:
>> http://nagiosplugins.org/faq/compile/pst3
>>
>> I'm happy to update the entry with your compile options if you let me
>> know what they are.
>>
>> I think the 64 bit issue is due to a Solaris system using Sun's cc
>> rather than gcc. This is a good example of a tinderbox build server
>> being helpful here: http://nagiosplugins.org/tinderbox. Anyone that
>> can offer a Solaris server with Sun's cc will mean we can catch these
>> issues earlier.
>>
>> My thoughts about check_procs is that I want to be able to run some
>> tests with actual ps outputs from running systems. I need to spend
>> some time on this.
>>
>> Ton

>> ::: Please include plugins version (-v) and OS when reporting any
>> issue.
>> ::: Messages without supporting info will risk being sent to /dev/
>> null

> ::: Please include plugins version (-v) and OS when reporting any
> issue.

Ton Voon
Product Architect

Opsera Limited | Unit 69 Suttons Business Park
Reading | Berkshire | RG6 1AZ | UK

Phone:   +44 (0) 845 057 7887
Mobile:   +44 (0) 7931 365796
Skype:   tonvoon     Email:   ton.voon at opsera.com
www.opsera.com
This e-mail is confidential, intended only for the named recipient(s)
above and may contain information that is privileged and confidential.
If you receive this message in error, or are not the named
recipient(s), please notify the sender at the phone number above, do
not copy this message, do not disclose its contents to anyone, and
delete this e-mail message from your computer. Although Opsera
routinely screens for viruses, addressees should scan this e-mail and
any attachments for viruses. Opsera makes no representation or
warranty as to the absence of viruses in this e-mail or any
attachments. Opsera Limited is registered in the UK under Company
Number 5396532. Our registered office is Gorse View, Horsell Rise,
Woking, Surrey, GU21 4RB.