[Nagiosplug-devel] Patch for persistent data on plugins

John Vincent nagiosplug-devel at lusis.org
Thu Sep 17 12:58:28 CEST 2009

On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 4:47 AM, Jose Luis Martinez
<jlmartinez-lists-nagplug-devel at capside.com> wrote:
> Can we restart the discussion about the different techinques to achive
> this? I'd like to adopt the one that finally gets used by the C plugins
> in Nagios::Plugin::Differences.

I wasn't able to be a part of the original discussion due to vacation,
illness and other things but wouldn't it make the most sense for
Nagios::Plugin::Differences to just use Cache:Cache and allow the end
user to swap the storage mechanism as they see fit? I know in at least
one plugin I wrote used Cache::SharedMem and just set the namespace to
the hostname in the check.

John E. Vincent