[Nagiosplug-devel] Extra opts help text

Ton Voon ton.voon at opsera.com
Tue Apr 13 19:14:10 CEST 2010

Hi!

I wanted to get some opinions about the --extra-opts help text. In the
C code it reads (with typo):

--extra-opts=[section][@file]
   Read additionnal options from ini file

[further down between notes and example]

See: http://nagiosplugins.org/extra-opts for --extra-opts usage and
examples

However, the Nagios::Plugin library says:

  --extra-opts=[<section>[@<config_file>]]
    Section and/or config_file from which to load extra options (may
repeat)

Note a difference in syntax. I'd like to harmonise these and make it
more readable.

A colleague says that "additional options" or "extra opts" suggests
there are other options not available through the command line. I
don't want to change the parameter, but I propose that the text be
changed to:

  --extra-opts=[section][@file]
    Read options from an ini file. See http://nagiosplugins.org/extra-opts
  for usage