[Nagiosplug-devel] New specification method for thresholds - still a valid vison?

Ingo Lantschner listen2007 at lantschner.name
Wed Apr 14 05:38:22 CEST 2010

Hi,
I am working on a quiet complex problem of a multiple-instance-check
regarding the thresholds. (The complexity comes from the fact, that the
thresholds are relative in % whereas the perfdata and thresholds in the
perf-output are absolute values.)

I started by programming around Nagios::Plugin::Threshold which now led
to some thoughts about patching it. Then I found this document:

http://nagiosplugins.org/rfc/new_threshold_syntax

Although not being directly related to the concrete problem, it is
addressing some important aspects of it.

Is this still a valid vision? Are there any plans in enhancing
Nagios::Plugin 0.33 into this direction?

Cheers, Ingo