[Nagiosplug-devel] [ nagiosplug-Bugs-2911752 ] check_radius doesn't detect or report authentication errors

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Wed Apr 14 09:43:30 CEST 2010

Bugs item #2911752, was opened at 2009-12-09 21:47
Message generated for change (Settings changed) made by dermoth
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=397597&aid=2911752&group_id=29880

not just the latest update.
Category: General plugin execution
Group: release-1.4.15

Initial Comment:
The check_radius plugin exits with status 0 and no messages if it gets a "result" it isn't expecting. This issue is tickled when you use an incorrect password. In that case, radiusclient returns REJECT_RC (2).

The attached patch (against 1.4.13) adds a case to handle REJECT_RC and also complains if an unexpected result is returned.

Although I did not actually test the snapshot version, examination of the code indicates that 1.4.14-61-g45e2 still has these issues.

Comment By: Thomas Guyot-Sionnest (dermoth)