[Nagiosplug-devel] New specification method for thresholds - still a valid vison?

Ingo Lantschner listen2007 at lantschner.name
Wed Apr 14 10:26:32 CEST 2010

Thomas Guyot-Sionnest schrieb:
> Now we'll need to start coding this in C and Perl.
>
> Our development effort is led by volunteers so any help coding this will
> be greatly appreciated...
I may help in Perl-part. If it really turns out, that we can use these
new threshold-specs, I have to isolate it into a module anyway.

> Further down the road the new thresholds
> library should be part of official C an Perl libraries to make writing
> plugins in both languages much easier. Those libraries will handle other
> aspects like argument passing, output, etc.
Well, I used Nagios::Plugin a lot in the last years and already started
to add small enhancements. This leads to the question of
backwards-compatibility. How could we manage that?

Are there other changes planed, which have to be taken into account?

Cheers, Ingo