[Nagiosplug-devel] check_http bug?

David Beuving davidb at srihosting.com
Sat Feb 13 00:47:35 CET 2010

Hello,

I have found a certain behavior in the check_http plugin that seems like
a bug to me.

When using the plugin in verbose mode, it responds showing this as part
of the report:

http://ipaddress:port/path

This leads me to believe that it is sending the ipaddress as the host
header rather than the hostname, but after looking at the code it is
clear the check works by sending the hostname it simply shows ipaddress
in the verbose response.

I have replaced line 912 in check_http.c:
use_ssl ? "https" : "http", server_address,
with
use_ssl ? "https" : "http", host_name ? host_name : server_address,

Please let me know if this is a bug and something you will update in the
next release or if it is meant to work this way.

Thanks,
David