[Nagiosplug-devel] Nagios SQLPlus query monitor?

Litwin, Matthew mlitwin at stubhub.com
Tue Jan 12 22:07:59 CET 2010

Hello,

Similar to the check_oracle plugin I need a nagios plugin that will SQL from say a secondary text file and then report on the lines that it results. Ideally it would return the number of lines as output where WARN and CRITICAL conditions could be checked against, but also the actual rows would be listed as perfdata. Does any plugin like this exist?

I wrote a plugin that will use sqlplus to return a line count and report on those values in Perl, but honestly my scripting capabilities are pretty weak. If you are a Perl guy and see an elegant way of doing this, any guidance on this would be very helpful.

Thanks,
Matthew Litwin
mlitwin at stubhub.com
415.222.8475