[Nagiosplug-devel] check_http redirects

Bryan Irvine bryair01 at noa.nintendo.com
Wed Jan 27 18:26:00 CET 2010

We've had a situation where we changed some of our servers to hand out 302's and our check_http which had been looking at those site and looking for a string didn't fail.  They continue to report OK even though the string (or regex) isn't found.  If I add -onredirect=follow then the check_http reports warning as expected on the failed devices.

Looking over check_http.c this seems to be the expected default behavior but I kind of don't think it should be.  I understand the onredirect is the proper way to do this, but should check_http really report OK even though the string isn't found on the page?

Would a diff altering this behavior be welcome? Or is it this way for some reason I don't yet understand?

-B