[Nagiosplug-devel] Enhancement Request for check_http

Mike Harris mikedawg at gmail.com
Wed Jun 2 19:14:13 CEST 2010

Enhancement Request for check_http

I have an enhancement request for check_http.

What I'm looking to do, is to a) View the https certificate (using the
--ssl flag) on a server that is secured up to FIPS 140-2 compliance ;
and or b)  Verify that the server is running in FIPS 140-2 compliance;
and or c) Have an additional flag to check for sslv2, sslv3, and/or
tlsv1.

The error I'm getting when I run the check_http --ssl -H localhost is
stating that it can't connect to the SSL port:

CRITICAL - Cannot make SSL connection
7422:error:140773F2:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:sslv3 alert
unexpected message:s23_clnt.c:578:
CRITICAL - Cannot retrieve server certificate.

The problem is that the server is listening using TLSv1 only, and the
script is unable to connect using TLSv1.

Thanks

--
Mike Harris