[Nagiosplug-devel] Hello, can someone help me...

shadih rahman shadhin71 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 24 16:25:28 CEST 2010

Dimitri,
    Please take a look at this oid.  you can use check_snmp plugin with the
following oid.

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/SNMP/do/BrowseOID.do?translate=Translate&objectInput=ifInOctets

Also, these requests are not proper for Nagios Plugin Developement mailing
list.  Please ask these questions in Nagios user mailing list in the future

On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 8:50 AM, Dimitri Gordeziani <
dimitrigordeziani at gmail.com> wrote:

> Please can you reply me on this email if it is possible to make nagios
> plugin to monitor traffice  in bits instead of bytes and how?
>
> thank you..
>

> On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 8:34 PM, Dimitri Gordeziani <
> dimitrigordeziani at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> can someone help me?
>>
>> Im using nagious plugins for cacti to monitor vmware esxi (VPS server)
>>
>> the issue is that when I try to get net info(vm_net) for Virtuam Machine
>> located on this VPS host server, I get only (net_receive=0.00KB;;
>> net_send=0.00KB;;) - the command is example "perl /var/www/cacti/scripts/
>> check_esx3.pl -H "VPS host IP" -N "VIrtual Machine Name" -u User -p
>> password -l NET"
>>
>> but as I guess(after investigated) this issue happens when there is
>> network trafic(for Virtual Machine) in bits(small/less traffic) and if there
>> is the traffice in KB,MB so then there is no any issue(the script is worknig
>> fine and gives me a result example "net_receive=122.12KB;;
>> net_send=1210.12KB;;")
>>
>> that is why I would like if it is possible to change/replace the default
>> measure for networ activity from uom="kB"(kbyte) with uom="kb" or uom="b",
>> is it possible?
>>
>> Ive tried to change this value in ..../Nagios/Plugin.pm and
>> ...../Nagios/Plugin/
>> Performance.pm files but without any success..
>>
>> pleaes let me know if it is possible somehow to set default traffic
>> measure in bits and not bytes... otherwise I do not get any network info
>> when there is activity in bits(low network activity) and not in bytes/kB/MB
>> (hight network activity)
>>
>> thank you in advance..

Cordially,
Shadhin Rahman