[Nagiosplug-devel] [ nagiosplug-Bugs-2901240 ] check_snmp has problem parsing snmpget output

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Fri May 7 04:20:19 CEST 2010

Bugs item #2901240, was opened at 2009-11-20 16:31
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by sf-robot
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=397597&aid=2901240&group_id=29880

not just the latest update.
Category: Parsing problem
Group: Release (specify)

Initial Comment:
Hi, I have a command like:

$ check_snmp -P 3 -U username -A password -X password -a MD5 -H
server.domain.com -o host.hrSystem.hrSystemProcesses.0 -L authPriv -v
/usr/bin/snmpget -t 1 -r 5 -m ALL -v 3 -l authPriv -a MD5 -u username -A
password -x DES -X password server.domain.com:161
host.hrSystem.hrSystemProcesses.0
HOST-RESOURCES-MIB::hrSystemProcesses.0 98

SNMP problem - No data received from host
CMD: /usr/bin/snmpget -t 1 -r 5 -m ALL -v 3 [authpriv]
server.domain.com:161 host.hrSystem.hrSystemProcesses.0

as you can see snmpget RETURNS a value of 98, but check_snmp fails to
see it somehow.

PS: check_snmp v2021 (nagios-plugins 1.4.13)

Also I checked out the current GIT repo and build it. Another error:

/usr/bin/snmpget -t 1 -r 5 -m ALL -v 3 [authpriv] server:161 host.hrSystem.hrSystemProcesses.0
HOST-RESOURCES-MIB::hrSystemProcesses.0 100
SNMP UNKNOWN - |

Date: 2010-05-07 02:20

Message:
This Tracker item was closed automatically by the system. It was
previously set to a Pending status, and the original submitter
did not respond within 14 days (the time period specified by
the administrator of this Tracker).

Comment By: Thomas Guyot-Sionnest (dermoth)
Date: 2010-04-22 02:15

Message:
Is it still an issue? I believe this would be caused by some
distribution-default settings put in snmp.conf (not snmpd.conf). Can you
find any matching file on your system and post their content?

I will make it as pending, it will close automatically after a period of
time.

Thanks.