[Nagiosplug-devel] Building on windows?

Michael Medin michael at medin.name
Tue May 18 10:24:56 CEST 2010

> I would guess you will need at the very least Cygwin or Mingw32 for
> building even if the final binaries are meant to run stand-alone. I have
> no real experience in compiling under windows but if you can come up
> with patches or specific issues regarding windows compatibility I will
> be glad to help getting it fixed in mainline.

Humm...
Does this mean there is no interest in making using "platform
independent" code (which does not require cygwin and such libraries).
Also a platform independent build system would, I guess, be preferable
to "configure" as well.

I am relaying heavily on boost and cmake for NSCP in an attempt to make
it plattform independent and was considering something along those
lines. But as the code is much integrated it is, I guess, a lot of work
to base (with patches) any work on the code as is.

But I really think such changes need to come from "within" and not from
"outside" (as they often require structural changes) so if there is no
interest I think it will not be a beneficial effort.

The reason this question "pops up" is that I was considering adding your
plugins to NSCP.

// Michael Medin