[Nagiosplug-devel] [ nagiosplug-Patches-3277172 ] check_sensors does not trap 'FAULT' status

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Wed Apr 6 10:14:57 CEST 2011

Message generated for change (Comment added) made by cyco_dd
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=397599&aid=3277172&group_id=29880

not just the latest update.
Category: Enhancement
Group: release-1.4.15

Initial Comment:
We got a bugreport against our debian package, the problem is the following:

The nagios plugin check_sensors does not detect the 'FAULT' status:

beast:~# sensors
pc87427-isa-0700
Adapter: ISA adapter
fan1:       3924 RPM  (min =    0 RPM)
fan3:          FAULT  (min =    0 RPM)
fan4:          FAULT  (min =    0 RPM)
fan8:       3813 RPM  (min =    0 RPM)

beast:~# /usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_sensors
sensor ok

Comment By: Jan Wagner (cyco_dd)
Date: 2011-04-06 10:14

Message:
The origin bugreport can be found at http://bugs.debian.org/615133

As I think it would be usefull to monitor the fault state, but maybe to
add an option to bypass this check.

I added the submitted patch, but fixed the exit code.