[Nagiosplug-devel] [ nagiosplug-Patches-3400197 ] check_oracle: use user's .bash_profile (sudo env problem)

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Tue Aug 30 13:57:24 CEST 2011

Message generated for change (Comment added) made by dermoth
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=397599&aid=3400197&group_id=29880

not just the latest update.
Category: Enhancement
Group: release-1.4.15

Initial Comment:
In case there is a ~/.bash_profile for the user running the plugin, it is being included before any of the script is run.

This is a problem occuring when sudo is being used. May need a selinux fix if we are unlucky ;o)

Date: 2011-08-30 07:57

Message:
I don't think that would be a wise thing to do; in some case there will be
no bash_profile, and in the worst case bash_profile could invoke scripts
the user don't want to run on a script run. Also the profile script name
will be different is the shell is a plain sh, which can be the case on BSD
and Solaris and even some linux systems that have both shells installed.

I think your issue has more to to with proper sudo configuration and it
would be much better to document the required sudo configuration for this
check. Were you able to identify the missing environment variable that
prevents this check to run? Is is just incomplete PATH or is there any
Oracle-specific environment variables that need to be passed?