[Nagiosplug-devel] tip for plugin development and temp files

Matthieu Fournet fournet.matthieu at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 22:10:07 CET 2011

Sure (thanks for the tip, anyway), but you may know that Nagios allows
plugins to be written in any language, not only C.

My point was just to warn plugin developers about concurrent plugin
executions and colliding temp files, and suggesting a basic  way to
circumvent this. Yours looks better than mine (and I googled for methods to
do this in PERL, which is the language I use for plugin development, I'll
consider updating my plugins), but this questions plugins portability and
the need to install PERL libraries...

Anyway, thanks for your rude welcome to this mailing list. I just wanted to
warn about a stupid bug I made lately where 2 concurrent executions of my
plugin were using the same temp file. Leave the documentation as is, and
expect no more comments from me.

Regards
Matthieu