[Nagiosplug-devel] [ nagiosplug-Bugs-3316383 ] check_disk_smb uses -w and -c can't be set to be equal

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Tue Jun 14 21:00:10 CEST 2011

Bugs item #3316383, was opened at 2011-06-14 13:50
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by mfrostp83
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=397597&aid=3316383&group_id=29880

not just the latest update.
Category: Argument proccessing
Group: release-1.4.15

Initial Comment:
The check_disk_smb plugin seems to behave differently from other plugins in that it will not allow you to set them to be equal.

Commonly, we only want a critical alert and not a warning so we set them to be equal for a plugin (i.e. "-w 90% -c 90%").  When you do this with check_disk_smb, you get

    Percentage: warning (90%) should be less than critical (90%)

Other plugins allow them to be set equal.  When they are equal, they seem to just ignore the warning threshold.

Date: 2011-06-14 14:00

Message:
Note that I'm running this on SLES 11.1 Linux.

I also notice that there's some strange behavior when the -w argument is
not specified.  It's as if there's an implicit definition of 85% for
warning if you don't set it which breaks when you use only -c:

$ check_disk_smb -H host -W domain -s share -u user -p pass --critical
81%
Percentage: warning (85) should be less than critical (81%)