[Nagiosplug-devel] check_ssh

Olivier 'Babar' Raginel nagios at babar.us
Mon Aug 13 20:48:56 CEST 2012

On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 06:37:18PM +0000, Cantu, Ron wrote:
>    I have enabled service performance data (perfdata) processing w/ my
>    Nagios 3.3.1 installation (linux).
>

>    I have enabled perfdata, which allows me to write the results of my
>    load and memory checks to my DB using my perfdata processing script.
>    The problem is w/ the check_ssh plugin, it does not pass performance
>    data to my script. I’ve verified this by checking what data is being
>    sent to my processing script. SSH data is never sent unless it’s for a
>    statechange (stage changes are also processed by my perfdata processing
>    script).
>

>    Is this a known check_ssh issue that causes it to not to pass
>    performance data to a perfdata processing script?
>
>    Is there a fix?

Patch check_ssh so it outputs performance data? Not sure what it would
output though, 'cause I do not really see what kind of performance this
plugin could measure... The time to get a reply, like check_icmp? The
time to generate a session key? But I think it disconnects before even
getting to that stage.

So, what are you expecting to graph there?

--
Babar