[Nagiosplug-devel] [ nagiosplug-Patches-3490731 ] check_fping: IPv6 support

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Wed Feb 22 08:56:18 CET 2012

Message generated for change (Tracker Item Submitted) made by
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=397599&aid=3490731&group_id=29880

not just the latest update.
Category: Enhancement
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Add IPv6 support to check_fping

This patch adds command line options -4 and -6 (--use-ipv4 and --use-ipv6) to check_fping. IPv4 is used by default, maintaining backwards compatibilty with older check_fping versions.  IPv6 support requires the fping6 program.

The implementation is really an imitation of check_ping IPv6 support: Plugin command line option -4/-6 designates whether to run fping/fping6.

Please note that especially the changes to configure.in might be all wrong - I don't know what's the proper autoconf way, patching configure.in just seemed to work for me.

Patch against Plugin Version (-V output): Git master on 2012-02-21
Plugin Name: check_fping
Example Plugin Commandline: check_fping -6 -H ping.funet.fi
Tested on operating system: Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric
Tested on architecture: x86_64
Tested with compiler: gcc version 4.6.1 (Ubuntu/Linaro 4.6.1-9ubuntu3)