[Nagiosplug-devel] Help with C plugin:

John Knepper john.knepper at dandsltd.com
Wed Jul 18 02:57:45 CEST 2012

Hi,

     I am currently trying to develop a plugin in C, and it runs fine on
the command-line, but Nagios is returning (null) as its output.  After
research, and also reviewing the following article on developing plugins
with C (
http://nagiosplug.sourceforge.net/developer-guidelines.html#SYSCMDAUXFILES)
I found that it is because I lack the spopen() function; I think?  I have
tried to include this in my C source, but I keep getting errors when trying
to compile it such as conflicts with some functions from the standard
library headers like string.h.  Is there a compiler argument I need to use
in particular when compiling my plugin?  Thanks!

Best,

John