[Nagiosplug-devel] 1.4.16: Error in check_http.c when compiling without SSL

Dave Bonnell david.bonnell at osmotion.com.au
Mon Jul 23 07:04:23 CEST 2012

Michael LaCorte <mlacorte365 at ...> writes:

> Hello,
> I was compiling the latest release of Nagios Plugins when I ran into a
compilation issue. Make was returning the following error when trying to compile
check_http.c (v1.4.16):

>    check_http.c:312:9: error: ‘ssl_version’ undeclared (first use in this
function)

> After looking at the file, I noticed that 'ssl_version' variable was declared
within an '#ifdef HAVE_SSL'. After moving the 'ssl_version' declaration outside
of the '#ifdef', it compiled fine. I couldn't find anything about this on
Google, so I'm sending you this email to make sure you are aware of the issue.

> Thanks,
> Michael LaCorte

Defining the variable only when HAVE_SSL is declared sounds correct.  The real
issue is appears to be the reference to ssl_version at line# 312.  I believe the
#endif at line# 309 should be #else and the #endif should be moved to just
before the break at line# 320.

BTW, if you want SSL support, install libssl-dev and re-run configure.  Make
will then succeed ;-)

Regards,

Dave