[Nagiosplug-devel] check_http: new force http 1.0 option

Leandro Piccilli piccilli at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 16:49:06 CEST 2012

Hi,

I've upgraded to latest nagios-plugins version and since I noticed
issues with check_http on some specific servers.

I was able to track down those issues to this patch:
https://github.com/nagios-plugins/nagios-plugins/commit/16030bc497668f36b53982192f67a60d0c8d18a4

Basically, I do need to use the -H option due to vhost configuration
on the servers, but for some unknown reason the servers are not happy
with the request using HTTP 1.1.

Thus I created this attached patch in order to give an option to force
the old (incorrect) behavior of sending HTTP 1.0 request instead.

As more people can suffer from the same issues after an upgrade it
might make sense to have it (or something similar) in the main branch.

Regards,
Leandro