[Nagiosplug-devel] [ nagiosplug-Patches-3573821 ] Please add "use sudo" option to check_mailq

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Tue Oct 2 17:11:04 CEST 2012

Message generated for change (Tracker Item Submitted) made by chris_schultz
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=397599&aid=3573821&group_id=29880

not just the latest update.
Category: Enhancement
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Using check_mailq 1.4.15.

The check_mailq plug-in calls /usr/bin/mailq which, in my environments, requires root access. This is easily accomplished by giving nagios sudo access to /usr/bin/mailq but check_mailq needs to call sudo in order to use those privileges.

I have made a small patch that accomplishes this goal with an additional parameter (-s or --sudo). The user still needs to edit /etc/sudoers to give the nagios user permissions to execute /usr/bin/mailq without a password.

I attached my patch to my original issue report over at the old Nagios plugins tracker here: http://tracker.nagios.org/view.php?id=368