[Nagiosplug-devel] [ nagiosplug-Bugs-3611614 ] check_by_ssh skip hostname check

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Tue Apr 23 01:20:02 CEST 2013

Bugs item #3611614, was opened at 2013-04-22 16:19
Message generated for change (Settings changed) made by francyci
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=397597&aid=3611614&group_id=29880

not just the latest update.
Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Please add a feature in check_by_ssh to skip the host_or_die() check.

I have host aliases defined in my system ssh_config (/etc/ssh/ssh_config) that are only accessible via ProxyCommand.  There are no DNS records for those systems since they exist outside the local network, and are not accessible except through a Proxy.

check_by_ssh.c

                case 'H':                                                                       /* host */
                        host_or_die(optarg);
                        hostname = optarg;
                        break;

If I comment out the `host_or_die()` and re-compile check_by_ssh seems to work perfectly fine to connect to the systems I have defined with aliases in my ssh_config.