[Nagiosplug-devel] Bug -> nagios-plugins

Holger Weiß holger at cis.fu-berlin.de
Sat Aug 17 18:55:44 CEST 2013

* OUISLY Cédric <feytol972 at gmail.com> [2013-07-19 17:04]:
> Validate.xs: In function 'get_type':
> Validate.xs:208:5: error: duplicate case value
> Validate.xs:205:5: error: previously used here

I cannot reproduce this with my oldish Perl (5.10.1) on Debian Squeeze,
but it looks like they merged SVt_IV and SVt_RV to have the same value
in newer Perl releases.  The workaround for you would be to remove one
of the offending lines from Validate.xs after running into the failure,
e.g. (assuming GNU sed(1)):

$ ./configure --enable-perl-modules
$ make || sed -i -e 208d perlmods/Params-Validate-0.88/Validate.xs
$ make
$ make install

I'd guess this issue is fixed in newer Params::Validate versions, we
should update the bundled Perl modules (or maybe stop bundling them).

Holger