[Nagiosplug-devel] question about check_log2.pl

lists lists at catsnest.co.uk
Wed Feb 27 13:06:55 CET 2013

On 27 February 2013 02:36, Willis Ralph <Willis.Ralph at asx.com.au> wrote:

> ** **
>
> Hi,****
>
> ** **
>
> I have been making use of check_log2.pl. It works fine. When I ran it
> from the command line on my Nagios server the output is correct.****
>
> ** **
>
> ** **
>
> /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_nrpe -H server111   -c check_logfiles****
>
> ** **
>
> This brings back ****
>
> ** **
>
> ** **
>
> WARNING: (3): [LOG|ERROR|27 Feb 2013
> 10:52:36,683|com.example.Bean|Worker-2|-]****
>
> ** **
>
> ** **
>
> The trouble is that the Nagios monitoring screen output in the Status
> Information field treats the first “| “ as a delimiter and truncates the
> output  to  ****
>
> ** **
>
> [LOG|****
>
> ** **
>
> Is there a way to make Nagios display the complete line ?****
>
> **

This will be becouse Nagios treats anything after a | in the output of a
check as performance data.
You will need to etit the script to work with your data, I think if the
output is quoted the | will be ignored, if that does not work try
urlencoding it instead.

e.g. In the version of check_log2.pl.i have the output line looks like this:

        print "($pattern_count): $pattern_line";

you could try

        print "($pattern_count): \"$pattern_line\"";

--
Regards,
Ritchie

 **