[Nagiosplug-devel] [ nagiosplug-Feature Requests-3601012 ] check_nt "Network is unreachable" handling

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Tue Jan 15 20:28:25 CET 2013

Feature Requests item #3601012, was opened at 2013-01-15 11:28
Message generated for change (Tracker Item Submitted) made by rfults
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=397600&aid=3601012&group_id=29880

not just the latest update.
Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
It would be nice to have the option to either ignore "network is unreachable" errors or control the status they return.  I am running my checks over very low bandwidth satellite links and have frequent disconnects, when this error is returned it can generate thousands of emails which has made the notification system useless for me.  I only send critical, warning, and recovery emails for my services and hosts as it is, but this feature would help to reduce false positives in these situations where we have bad connections.