[Nagiosplug-devel] [ nagiosplug-Bugs-3608135 ] check_smtp -D (1.4.16) doesn't QUIT

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Fri Mar 15 12:15:07 CET 2013

Bugs item #3608135, was opened at 2013-03-15 02:24
Message generated for change (Settings changed) made by hweiss
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=397597&aid=3608135&group_id=29880

not just the latest update.
Category: General plugin execution
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Plugin Version (-V output): 1.4.16
Plugin Name: check_smtp
Plugin Commandline showing issues: check_smtp -H [postfix-MTA-IP] -F nagios.[domain] -S -D 5,2 -v
Operating System: CentOS
Architecture: x86_64
Compiler: (from repos)

check_smtp -D executes the "if ( check_cert )" branch, which calls my_close(), which closes the connection. No SMTP QUIT command is being sent, which makes the (postfix) MTA log "lost connection after EHLO" warning messages. Please include an smtp_quit() somewhere along this code path.

(I'm not submitting a patch myself because I don't know offhand whether the smtp_quit() should go into the "if ( check_cert )" branch alone, or become part of my_close(), which also handles two EHLO error cases.)