[Nagiosplug-devel] A few plugins

Holger Weiß holger at cis.fu-berlin.de
Tue Mar 26 12:46:42 CET 2013

* Emmanuel Dreyfus <manu at netbsd.org> [2013-03-26 06:12]:
> I would like to share a few plugins for whoever is interested:

Nice!  You might want to submit your plugins to

	http://exchange.nagios.org/

so that others can easily find them.

> https://ftp.espci.fr/pub/nagios-local/check_dotpid-0.1.tgz
> Check that daemons that saved /var/run/*.pid files are still alive. This
> is a cheap method that does not require any configuration for checking
> that daemons are still alive.

To me, this one looks neat and generally useful.  I'd be interested in
including it with the standard Plugins package.  An option for
specifying the PID file directory (or directories) would have to be
added, plus the usual --help/--version/--timeout boilerplate, but that's
trivial.  However, this is only an option if you'd be fine with
transferring copyright to the Nagios Plugins Development Team (and with
us releasing the code under the GPLv3).

> https://ftp.espci.fr/pub/nagios-local/check_raidctl-0.1.tgz
> Check NetBSD RAIDframe status. That one is NetBSD specific.

I use a quick'n'dirty raidctl(8) wrapper[*] for checking my own NetBSD
systems; your plugin is of course much nicer, thanks!  (I'd just call it
"check_raidframe" instead.)

Holger

[*] ftp://ftp.in-berlin.de/pub/users/weiss/nagios/plugins/check_raidframe.sh